I was nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award by Teachezwell, an absolutely wonderful blog I highly recommend to my teacher friends. She has posts on a wide range of special education and teaching topics, and I’ve gotten several good ideas from perusing her blog. I was incredibly flattered to receive this award, and I’d love the share the honor and let you all know about some of the blogs I enjoy.
The rules for accepting this award are simple.
1. Thank the person who has nominated you. Provide a link to his/her blog.
2. List the rules and display the award image.
3. Include 7 facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers and let them know that they have been nominated. This is a way to introduce others to bloggers that you love.
5. Display the award logo and follow the blogger who nominated you.
So, here are 7 facts about me:
1) For about two years (8th and 9th grade) I desperately wanted to change my name. I even begged my parents to let me. I refuse to tell you what I wanted to change it to though. Looking back, it’s embarrassingly dumb. Those of you who knew me in my middle school days aren’t allowed to tell!
2) Two of my idols are actually fictional detectives: Nancy Drew and Veronica Mars. I’ve loved Nancy Drew books since middle school, and Veronica Mars is like Nancy Drew for big kids.
3) My dream jobs is working as a therapeutic horseback riding instructor. That’s how I first became interested in special education, and it would be a dream come true if I could one day make a living doing it…but I would do it even if I didn’t get paid. That’s how much I love it.
4) I have a slight attachment issues with my planner and it’s only the first quarter of school. I take it with me everywhere- it basically has my life in it.
5) My front two teeth are veneers.
6) I just got to see my first school picture as a teacher today, and it confirms a long standing suspicion I have about myself: I cannot take a good school photo to save my life. I thought I was done with these things after senior portraits way back in 2010…guess not.
7) I have about a dozen nicknames for my cat. Yes, I’m that person.
Now, here are some of the blogs I enjoy reading that I want to share with you all:
A life and style blog with tons of cute clothes, recipes, and pretty pictures.
Absolutely gorgeous photography blog set in Wyoming. My favorite posts, Tilda Tuesdays, feature her cat.
3) Honey Stuck
A fun, fresh, cat loving Charlotte gal shares her adventures with food, yoga, traveling, and 3 adorable cats.
Written by a teacher who does a lot of yoga, I find this blog relatable on a lot of levels.
Lots and lots of YA book reviews is my idea of heaven.
These are the main blogs I am reading right now and they are all awesome, so go check them out!
Also, I got the meet this cutie pie today. Just so you know.