It’s been quite awhile since I had an official Monday Musings post. Here are some things of note:
1) I think I may have missed my true calling as a cotton candy maker. I got to take a turn making one of my favorite childhood treats during one of my school’s fall festivals last week and it was surprisingly fun. In case you were wondering, blue is by far the most popular flavor. It is also the flavor most likely to end up stuck in a rock hard sugar crystal tangle in your hair. Just FYI.
2) Charlie may be renamed Houdini. Today is the second time he has managed to escape from his metal crate. He did really well with it the first week we had him.
Then when we moved into the new apartment he didn’t do so well with it. He managed to chew, bend, pry, and squirm his way out of the bottom section. We put a piece of plywood on the floor of the crate, thinking there was no way he could get through that the same way he managed to with the hard plastic bottom that was originally there.
Except he can. My mom and dad dropped by to check on him today and found he had managed to pop the latches and walk out the door of the crate. I’m torn between being annoyed and impressed.
This did lead us to the discovery that his separation anxiety does not cause any destructive behaviors. He just REALLY wants to look out the window. Once he does that, we found, his whining also drops to low level. He eventually calms down (for the most part) so we are going to try leaving him out and see how he does.
3) I also took Charlie running with me for the first time today. He really loved it (think doggy bliss face the whole time, even though it was pouring rain) so I’m hoping making him my regular running buddy will help his stress levels.
4) Unpacking sucks. That is all.
5) No, wait. That’s not all. I’ll cook you dinner if you come unpack for me. Right now getting through the spare bedroom is a feat akin to climbing K2, there are so many boxes and bags.
6) Note to self:
have less clothes Next time, find a place with bigger closets.
So there’s a quick update. Enjoy some Charlie pics, and have a wonderful evening!